Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Coupon Holder!

Hello!

So Since I have been getting into coupons lately. I noticed that they were laying everywhere. In a drawer in the kitchen, On the living room table, On the floor, On the dining table! They were getting out of control! I was thinking I wanted to buy a coupon holder, but then my thrifty side got the best of me and I decided...No I dont need to buy one, I need to make one!(my pile of coupons)

My new favorite thing is felt. I have been making little felt things for many up coming post! Felt it so cheap and you would be amazed how many different things you can make with it!

So I sat down to make a coupon holder/carrier with felt!!

First I took a full sheet of felt and just folded it in 3rds, kind of like a pamphlet.
I pinned the bottom fold in place to keep it in place so I could stitched up the sides!
This is what it looks like with the sides stitched up.
Then I cut a slit the size of the button I had picked out. And I made stitching around it just so it didn't fray or stretch out with time. Im sure it will anyways, But I wanted to slow it down a little bit.
Then I stitched on the button. Lime green of course :)
Then I tested it to make sure it went threw the hole I cut for it!
then I cut out a little cupcake out of felt and gave it little sprinkles on top!
(click the picture to enlarge and see the sprinkles better!)
I put all of my coupons in and they fit perfect!
I love it!
It cost me 25 cents for the purple felt
the rest of the stuff was on hand...So 25 cents was cheaper than I could buy one for I'm sure!

Happy Crafting.

13 comments:

  1. So cute. You are so crafty! I'm so glad you liked the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The snap on my coupon holder broke, so I need a new one...I'll keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute & clever. I use a plastic one in the same shape. But I like your idea better :) Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! you should open your own Etsy shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love to keep my coupons organized and I think this turned out really nice. I'm not crafty, but I think that even I could make this. The cupcake on it is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I need to get some felt now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! I love the little cupcake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I am glad that you love felt too... it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute and thrifty. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to become a follower of my blog again so that I don't look so pathetic.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Try clicking my name again and let me know if it takes you to my blog... if it doesn't work then I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I didn't get to this post. :(

    Very cute holder and great job on it. Felt is a good idea because it's so very flexible. I recently bought a new coupon holder but it feels too stiff. (Haven't tried it out yet though) But it has several compartments, so maybe it'll be ok cuz I like to have my coupons a bit organized if I can.

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love them and appreciate them! My comments are sent to me via my email so if your email is attached to your profile I will respond to your comments via email. If you do not have an email attached I will try my best to visit your blog!